Thank you for your interest in working at The Seattle School of Theology & Psychology. Established in 1997 and located in the heart of the Belltown neighborhood of Seattle, Washington, we offer three progressive graduate programs: M.A. in Counseling Psychology, Master of Divinity, and M.A. in Theology & Culture. Focused on a transformational education through deep relationality, the school is committed to train people to be competent in the study of text, soul, and culture in order to serve God and neighbor through transforming relationships. The Seattle School is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to excellence and diversity throughout the school.Who We Are
- Accounting Assistant
- Admissions Assistant (Work Study)
- Admissions Counselor
- Advancement Assistant (Work Study)
- Bookstore Associate (Work Study)
- Institutional Support Assistant (Work Study)
- OSA Assistant (Work Study)
- Peer Advisor (Student Position)
- Vice President of Finance & Business Development
Step 1: Apply
- Please read the job post carefully and apply if most of the qualifications and experience required for the position are met.
- Different positions may require unique components in the application, so be sure to include everything outlined in the application requirements.
- A completed Employment Application, which includes our statement of Faith, must be included in your application. You may attach a resume; please answer any sections not covered by your resume.
- Email all application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 2: Pre-interview Questionnaire
- Candidates with the closest match of qualifications to the job will receive a pre-interview questionnaire.
- If invited to complete a questionnaire, please download, complete, and email it back to email@example.com as soon as you are able.
Step 3: Review & Interview
- HR team members review all applications, qualifications and returned questionnaires. All those meeting the qualifications of the position are shared with the interview team.
- The interview team reviews these final candidates and select who to interview.
- Human Resources will contact selected candidates to set up interview times with the interview team.
- A second interview may be required, depending on the position.
- Each and every candidate will hear back from us regarding our decision. Explanations for hiring decisions will not be given.
Step 4: Background Check
- Finalists will be asked to complete a background check and provide references. Employment is contingent on successful completion of reference and background checks.
Step 5: Hiring
- Only after all items above occur and a finalist is selected, may an offer of employment be extended. The Director of Human Resources executes all offers.
- After HR has verbal acceptance on an offer, other finalists are notified of our decision.
The mission of The Seattle School of Theology & Psychology is to train people to be competent in the study of the text, soul, and culture in order to serve God and neighbor through transforming relationships. All employees must confirm our Statement of Faith.Statement of Faith
In order to retain our IRS religious exemption, all employees of The Seattle School must be Christian and confirm our Statement of Faith. The Seattle School is a multi-denominational, progressive institution. The Seattle School subscribes to the Nicene Creed and the text of Matthew 22:37-40 as the official teaching position.
- We believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all that is, seen and unseen.
- We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ, the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father, God from God, light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, of one being with the Father. Through him all things were made. For us and for our salvation he came down from heaven: by the power of the Holy Spirit he became incarnate from the Virgin Mary, and was made man. For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate; he suffered death and was buried. On the third day he rose again in accordance with the Scriptures; He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and his kingdom will have no end.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son. With the Father and the Son he is worshiped and glorified. He has spoken through the Prophets. We believe in one holy catholic and apostolic Church. We acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins. We look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. Amen.
- Matthew 22:37-40: Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”
- Statement of Scripture: “We confess that the Scriptures, both Old and New Testament, are the word of God. We give thanks for them as a gift from God, inspired by the Holy Spirit, written down by God’s servants. We receive them, in the tradition of the Christian church, as the authoritative guide to our identity and vocation, bringing us to the fullness of life in Jesus Christ.”