- Requests for library materials should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include your name, complete mailing address, phone number, and needed by date.
- You are strongly encouraged to begin your research early. We will do the best we can to obtain your requests within your time frame.
- All emailed items will be sent to your school email address.
- Most article requests can be requested from within the research databases. A Request this Article link is provided on each search result.
- If emailing a request, provide complete information, including: article title, author, journal name, date, volume, issue, and page numbers.
- Provide complete information including: title, author, publisher, publication date, and edition (if available).
- If we do not own the item, we will review the request to consider purchasing it if the budget allows or try to get it for you through interlibrary loan.
- If you are requesting a chapter or part of a book that is in our collection, we will scan it and email it to you.
- Google Books and Amazon are good places to review the table of contents of many books to see if one or two chapters will suffice.
- Copyright restrictions apply – requests are limited to one chapter or up to 10% of a book.
Checking Books Out
- Students living in King, Snohomish, and Pierce counties can pick up and drop off library materials during the building’s open hours (posted on the website). You will receive an email when the items are ready for pick up.
- Materials may be mailed to students living outside of these counties. Return postage is the responsibility of the student. Materials should be mailed back by their due date unless a renewal is requested and granted.
- As a courtesy, the library purchases digital versions of the required books for each class whenever they are available. Links to those books are on class pages.
- Physical reserve materials are for in-library use only and do not circulate.
- Electronic reserves of journal articles and book chapters are posted on class pages.
Please contact the Mike & Myra McCoy Library & Learning Center with any questions or concerns.