Paul Hoard, PhD
Dr. Paul Hoard is a licensed counselor who holds a doctoral degree in Counselor Education and Supervision from Regent University. He completed the Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Training Program at the Greater Kansas City Psychoanalytic Institute and he specializes in working with adolescents with sexual behavior problems. A “third culture kid,” he was raised in Ankara, Turkey, and has provided mental health counseling and clinical supervision in the United States, Ukraine, and Turkey. His research and scholarly work primarily focus on the intersection of perpetration trauma, sexuality, white-body supremacy, and adolescent mental health.
Prior to joining the faculty at The Seattle School of Theology & Psychology, Dr. Hoard taught at MidAmerica Nazarene University in the Master of Arts in Counseling program. He has also taught courses overseas at Hacettepe University in Ankara, Turkey.
Dr. Hoard is a member of the American Counseling Association, the Christian Association of Psychological Studies, and the Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers.
- Hoard, P., & Hoard, W., (2020). Eu-contamination: A Christian study in the logic of disgust and contamination, The Other Journal (32)
- Ma, J.S., & Hoard, P.R., (2020). A tale of two fears: Negotiating trust and neighborly relations in urbanizing Turkey, Journal of Contemporary European Studies, DOI: 10.1080/14782804.2020.1730161
- Demirtas-Zorbaz, S., & Hoard, P., (2019). Adaptation and preliminary validation for the Turkish context of the school climate and school identification measure-student (TSCASIM- St). International Journal of Research in Education and Science (IJRES), 5(1), 323-330.
- Ozturk, M., & Hoard, P., (Eds.). (2019). Examining the teacher induction process in contemporary education systems. Hershey, PA: Information Science Reference.
- Ergene, T., Ozer, A., Genctanirim Kurt, D., Arici, F., Demirtas Zorbaz, S., Kizildag, S., Acar, T., & Hoard, P., (2018) The risk behaviors of high school students and causes thereof: A qualitative study. H.U. Journal of Education. doi: 10.16986/HUJE.2018037862
- Hoard, P., Underwood, L., Dailey, F., Williams, C., Etienne, R., (2017) Preliminary results of social climate’s impact on treatment progress of juveniles with sexual behavior problems. Journal of Behavior 2(3): 1014