Capping off the 2023 Winter Residency, The Seattle School is hosting a Day of Scholarship, bringing together students, staff, faculty, and alumni for a time of sharing, connection, and exploration. All members of The Seattle School community are invited.
The focus for this first Day of Scholarship is threefold:
- Gain perspective on the work happening within the programs, centers, and projects that comprise The Seattle School.
- Discover how Seattle School community members are contributing to national disciplinary and interdisciplinary conversations and addressing lived questions.
- Expand our imagination for scholarship as learners committed to serving God and neighbor through transforming relationships.
*Note: As part of the Winter Residency, this is a campus-only event and will not be recorded or live-streamed.
To help us gauge attendance numbers please RSVP by January 5, 2023.
8:30 am-9:30 am
Research Poster Reception and Continental Breakfast
9:45 am-11:00 am
Session 1: Pursuing Your Questions
- Jermaine Ma, Adjunct Faculty, The Seattle School
- Doug Shirley, Associate Professor of Counseling Psychology, The Seattle School
- Zachary Thomas Settle, Editor-in-Chief, The Other Journal
11:15 am-12:30 pm
Session 2: Advancing the Conversation
- Kelsey Wallace, Registrar, The Seattle School
- Kate Rae Davis, Director, Center for Transforming Engagement
- Dwight Friesen, Associate Professor of Practical Theology, The Seattle School