Registering for classes isn’t hard, but there are a few steps to take to get you there. One thing to be aware of is that you’re not able to see the “Registration” tab in Populi until registration opens. If you look for it before that date, it won’t be there.
Once registration opens, follow these steps to ensure that you are enrolled in the classes you want to take for the term. If you haven’t done so already, we highly recommend taking a look at the course rotation for your program. If you’re not sure which classes you want to sign up for, you are encouraged to sign up for as many classes as you want to take. Full time is considered to be 7 credits, though students do sometimes take a few more. Just be aware that if you choose not to take them, you will need to go back into Populi and drop them by the add/drop deadline (see the Academic Calendar) so you don’t incur any fees or penalties. If you would like academic advising, you are welcome to sign up for a time to meet with Kesey in Academics using this link.
Steps to register:
1. Go to theseattleschool.edu
2. Find the drop-down menu on the top right hand of the page and go to Students
3. Log in to Populi with your student email address and password.
4. Click on the registration tab (this tab will not show up until registration opens).
5. There will be a list of classes and they will all have a green + to their left.
6. Click the plus sign to add your class(es)
7. You can save your registration changes by clicking save
8. To delete, simply click the trash can symbol on the right
9. When you’ve saved your changes, you will receive a confirmation email and you’re set!
When selecting required courses, please be sure to choose the correct section for your modality! Low-residency students should select courses ending with an “O” (online) or “R” (residency). On-campus students should select courses ending with an “S” (Seattle). Courses ending with a “T” are travel residencies. Elective courses that are only offered in one format and lab courses are open to all students regardless of modality.
Once registration is closed, you will no longer be able to see the registration tab. If you need to add or drop after that time, reach out to Kelsey Wallace at firstname.lastname@example.org in academic services and she will be able to assist you.