Everything you need to know about applying for non-degree enrollment at The Seattle School

Start your Application for Non-Degree Enrollment

We offer both non-degree and community audit admission for individuals desiring to get their feet wet by taking a course or two; students enrolled in other graduate programs who want to take a course for transfer credit; professionals seeking continuing education units; and curious folks who simply love learning. All are welcome.

Non-degree students have the same rights and responsibilities as a degree-seeking student and may take up to 12 graduate hours either for credit or audit, but are not eligible to receive Title IV student financial assistance.

Non-degree enrollment provides an official record and transcript of coursework, which serves as proof of seat hours for continuing education units or as documentation should you wish to transfer credits into a degree program at The Seattle School or another graduate program.

Non-Degree Application Process

Step 1: Complete the online application

The first step in the application process is completing the online application form. This gives us more context about who you are and what you are hoping to achieve at The Seattle School. The application form requires 20-30 minutes and must be completed in one sitting. There is no cost to apply.

Start your Application for Non-Degree Enrollment

Step 2: Request transcripts

Provide unofficial transcripts from any post-secondary institutions where you received a degree or completed coursework.

Step 3: Schedule an advising session

Our Office of Enrollment will schedule an advising session with you to learn more about your vocational goals and confirm course eligibility and availability.

Non-Degree applicants may be required to participate in an individual interview with a member of the Admissions Review Committee or Instructional Team.

Disclaimer: Some courses are not available for non-degree enrollment. The Registrar reserves the right to limit non-degree enrollment in any course.

Start your Application for Non-Degree Enrollment