Reading Partner (Work Study)
Student Financial Services Coordinator
The Reading Partner is a Work Study position. This position is responsible for satisfying our community service requirements under the Federal Work Study Program. The Reading Partner will work at North Beach Elementary School, (Or a school of your choice which is close and convenient for you) assisting the teacher in the classroom as well as working with students one on one. The individual filling this position must be enrolled as a student at The Seattle School and must qualify for at least 10 hours per week of Federal Work Study funding.
- Provide one on one literacy tutoring.
- Assist as needed in the classroom, school library, lunchroom, and on the playground.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Currently enrolled as a student of The Seattle School and qualifies for at least 10 hours of Federal Work Study funding.
- Comply with all necessary confidentiality and regulatory requirements.
- Experience working with children in a classroom setting.
- Demonstrate a growing ability to form and maintain maturing relationships with others.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work creatively, collaboratively, and effectively.
- Comply with project requirements and managerial needs.
- Familiarity and appreciation for the mission and values of The Seattle School.
To apply please submit your resume, cover letter (including salary requirements) and completed Employment Application (Statement of Faith included) to email@example.com. The posting will remain open until filled, but preference will be given to early applicants.
About the Employer
Established in 1997, The Seattle School of Theology & Psychology resides in the heart of the Belltown neighborhood of Seattle, Washington. The Seattle School offers three progressive graduate programs: M.A. in Counseling Psychology, Master of Divinity, and M.A. in Theology & Culture. Focused on a transformational education through deep relationality, the school is committed to train people to be competent in the study of text, soul, and culture in order to serve God and neighbor through transforming relationships. The Seattle School is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment and direction to excellence and diversity throughout the school.