Mark Daley III
- Born in Chapel Hill, NC (Christmas Eve 1965) and raised in Rocky Mount, NC
- Currently lives in Raleigh, NC
- Married to Lisa Daley for 28 years and they have three daughters (Becca 24 – recently graduated from Taylor University, Hope 21 – a senior at Biola University, Kate 20 – junior at Furman University currently studying abroad in Scotland)
Business management and advisory experience:
- Started career as corporate banker with Wachovia Corporation, was a Banking Officer and served on the Regional Credit Committee
- Developed approximately $50mm worth of residential real estate in Chapel Hill
- Founded The Generation Companies in 1996 and currently serves as CEO Generation has:
- Developed, acquired, rebranded, operated and/or sold over 4,000 hotel rooms valued at over $300mm.
- Currently operates approximately 3,000 extended stay rooms and is the largest owner/operator of extended stay brands by IHG and Choice Hotels
- His team has won over 50 hotel industry awards including most recently the Deal of the Year Award from Hilton Hotels
- Served on the global Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG) Owner’s Association Board and Chaired the Candlewood Suites Brand Committee
- The Generation hotel portfolio was purchased in Q4 2016 by Stepstone Global private equity for $200 million. Generation remains as operator, asset manager, and JV partner. Mark is the General Partner for the new ownership entity.
- Since 2013 has served as a paid Advisory Board member for Boddie Noell Enterprises which has annual sales of approximately $500 million from quick-service restaurants and real estate development.
Church and/or civic experience:
- Chaired multiple homeowner’s association boards
- Chaired the Grace Church (Chapel Hill, NC) Finance Committee
- Coached JV women’s basketball
- Serves on the Board of Advisors for the UNC Horizons Program which is a substance abuse treatment program for pregnant or parenting women and their children with special emphasis on trauma related care.
- Oral Roberts University for college – majored in Business Administration and minored in Government – graduated Cum Laude
- Held NC Real Estate Brokerage License and Broker-in-Charge designation since 2002
Adventure Travel, Boating (and most anything on the water), Motorcycles, Cycling (Road), Yoga (non-spooky), Art, Beauty, Hiking, Red Wine, UNC Basketball, Great Coffee, Entrepreneurship, Health, Inner Freedom, Humor, new things (latest is Krav Maga lessons with my oldest daughter).