Travel with Seattle School students and Celtic Spirituality professor Pat Loughery for a Holy Week walking pilgrimage to Lindisfarne in the United Kingdom. The Holy Island of Lindisfarne has been a significant sacred site for Celtic Christians since the 6th century and has long been a pilgrimage destination. Pilgrims will make their own travel arrangements to Edinburgh, Scotland, where we will gather together for the first time in the lobby of our city center hotel at 3pm on April 2nd.After getting acquainted with each other and our new environment, we’ll join a larger group of seekers on April 3rd to make the annual Holy Week walking pilgrimage to the Holy Isle. Walking approximately 110 miles across southern Scotland and northern England (an average of 17 miles per day), we will join in the communal rhythms of the Northern Cross organizers, which include daily liturgies, community meals, camaraderie with other international travelers, and simple nightly lodging at local community centers along the way. Our walking pilgrimage will end with Easter weekend spent on the Holy Isle before heading back to Edinburgh, where we will spend a final night on the 12th, with pilgrims making their own arrangements for their departures home on the 13th.
View complete pilgrimage itinerary
View Terms & Conditions and Waiver forms
- Lodging for the duration of the trip (Note: The first and final nights will be in a hotel with shared lodging at the standard rate; single upgrades are available. The remainder of the nights on the walking portion of the pilgrimage will be spent in community centers along the path, likely sleeping on the floor, with the possibility of occasional hostel upgrades.)
- Meals for the duration of the trip (apart from those noted below)
- Transportation from Edinburgh to walking pilgrimage starting point and back to Edinburgh once the walking portion is complete
- Facilitator fees and instruction
- All programming and support
What’s Not Included
- Flights to and from Edinburgh, Scotland (arrive April 2, 2020, and depart April 13, 2020)
- Walking/sleeping gear during the walking portion of the pilgrimage (adequate weather-resistant gear and a sleeping bag, pad, and pillow recommended)
- 1 lunch, 1 dinner, and 1 breakfast while in transit
- Refreshments along the way
- Personal Travel Insurance (“Cancel for Any Reason” recommended)
If you are interested in upgrading to a single room for the first and final night for an additional $250 please email Lacy at firstname.lastname@example.org. These fees will be added after this option is communicated and confirmed. (Note: All other nights while on the walking portion will be communal lodging. Upgrades for these nights are unavailable.)These fees will be added after this option is communicated and confirmed.
Steps to reserve your spot:
1. Pay the non-refundable $500 deposit
2. Complete & return Terms & Conditions and Waiver forms to pilgrimage organizer Lacy Clark Ellman at email@example.com
NOTE: Registration closes Wednesday, December 18, 11:59pm PT
Questions? Contact pilgrimage leader Pat Loughery at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about the trip and registrar Kristen Houston at email@example.com for questions about registration and payments.