Attendance & Program Completion Policies
- Attendance Policy: Full attendance and participation during all sessions is expected and required to complete this certificate. Please consider your personal schedule closely to ensure you will be able to attend all sessions. Excused absences are possible but approval must be secured in advance from The Seattle School. Absences which will be excused include emergencies, severe illness, or situations which are entirely out of your control.
- Program Completion Policy: The entire program includes 100 seat hours of instruction (25 hours each session). If you are absent for more than 10 seat hours throughout the program year you will forfeit eligibility to receive a certificate of completion and will instead receive a certificate that reflects only the number of seat hours you attended.
Payment Schedule Policy
Fees for the Leadership in the New Parish Certificate is $3500 for the year. A $500 deposit is required after your acceptance to the program as a declaration of your intent to enroll. The remaining $3000 fee balance can be submitted in 2 or 4 installments throughout the program year:
- 2 Installments: $1500 due October 1, 2012; $1500 due February 18, 2013
- 4 Installments: $750 due October 1, 2012; $750 due December 10, 2012; $750 due February 18, 2013; $750 due April 29, 2013
Please note: failure to submit payment in a timely manner may result in exclusion from sessions. To submit payment:
- Your $500 deposit must be made when you send your declaration of your intent to enroll to secure your seat.
- All remaining fees after acceptance to the program can be paid by personal check or money order. Make checks payable to The Seattle School and send to: The Seattle School, Attn: Certificate Program, 2501 Elliott Ave, Seattle WA 98121
- Note: If you must submit the remaining $3000 fees by credit card, a 3% processing fee will be added to your registration balance to offset the fees incurred by our institution for credit card charges (ex: $90 for a $3000 charge).
- A $500 deposit is required upon your declaration of your intent to enroll. If you choose to withdraw from the program for any reason after you receive official acceptance to the program, $350 of this deposit is refundable and $150 will be retained as a nonrefundable administrative fee. After September 1st, the entire $500 will become nonrefundable.
- Beginning September 1, you assume full responsibility for the payment of the remaining $3000 fee balance on your account. Pro-rated refunds of this fee will be issued upon withdrawal from the program based on the following timeline:
- September 1, 2012 –September 12, 2012: 100% refundable ($0 retained/due)
- September 13, 2012 – October 31, 2012: 67% refundable ($1000 retained/due if not yet paid)
- November 1 – January 10, 2013: 33% refundable ($2000 retained/due if not yet paid)
- After January 10, 2013: 0% refundable ($3000 retained/due if not yet paid)
If the cost of the program is prohibitive to your ability to register, The Seattle School does have a limited number of partial scholarships designated for this program. Award amounts will be made based on demonstrated financial need, and range from $500-$1000 per individual.
How to get your community involved
Investing in one's leadership development is an investment in the future of the individual leader and in the community being lead. Because of this, we encourage participants to be asking both their communities, as well as church supporters (friends and family) to consider investing in the life of the leader for the sake of transformation in the life of the leader, the church community, and the geographical context of the ministry.
We encourage you to reach out to as many folks as possible to invest in your leadership for the continued health and growth not only of your church, but towards the flourishing of your neighborhoods and contexts of ministry.
Be sure to read this great article on successful crowd-funding campaigns